Monday, 3 February 2014

Goodness gracious, great balls of fire!

Last week my church had a 24/7 prayer room open for a week. This basically means that for an entire week, there was constantly someone in this room praying, 24hours a day. And some amazing stuff happened! I just wanted to share my experience with you.


In case you hadn't guessed, that's the prayer room! ^^^

So I walked in at 7pm on Saturday 1st Feb ready to spend 2 hours quality time with Jesus. As soon as I closed the door behind me, I just stood there and looked around in amazement at how this room had been transformed by peoples prayers and stories and praise. My eyes welled up, I wasn't sad, I was just moved. Saying "Jesus was there" is an understatement; Jesus was owning that place! I spent the first half an hour or so looking around, re-praying other peoples prayers, reading words of thankful praise alongside cries for help, listening to worship being played from the CD player and taking in the presence of the Spirit. 

It wasn't long until I was fully absorbed in the whole experience. My first ever prayer room experience. I spent time writing down and speaking out prayers, singing along to the worship music, drawing pretty pictures (creative praise is the best kind!), and sometimes just resting in his presence and waiting upon Him. It was an incredible experience and I left feeling refreshed (and covered in every colour of pen... Apparently I still can't colour within the lines). But it wasn't until I had gone to bed that night that God really spoke to me. 

It was 4am, a time which I VERY rarely see, when I awoke from a pretty intense dream. (I have mentioned in other blog posts that I dream a lot, and they're starting to become more recognisable as dreams from God.) At first I thought back on the dream and was actually a bit freaked by it, but as I started praying for nice heavenly appointed dreams when I fell back to sleep, He stopped me right in my tracks and I suddenly realised... that WAS from God. I just didn't see it right away. By this point I was wide awake, I could've got up and started my day then and there, so I knew it was time to sit up and pay attention. This wasn't just by chance. It didn't take me long to realise what this dream was about, and it's pretty darn cool. I sat up, got out my phone, and wrote everything down. Here's what I wrote:

I dreamt that I was walking to Allen house (where the prayer room is) one evening (to attend my prayer slot) and when I got to the top of the path I noticed that Allen house was totally symmetrical. I had never noticed this before. I kinda shrugged it off and went inside and spent my time in the prayer room and when I came out I noticed balls of fire falling from the sky and resting on the earth. I wasn't scared by this, I just stood in awe, it was beautiful. It was then that I noticed it. Allen house wasn't actually symmetrical, we were just living to one side of a massive mirror that ran down the middle of Guildford and ended at Allen house. So Allen house is the only place that you notice it. We had been living one side of the mirror for so long we didn't even notice. It just become normal and comfortable. But the other side of this panel of glass, fire balls were falling and resting upon the earth. Not causing any damage but causing complete amazement. I feel like through this dream God is telling us to stop living like there's something dividing us from heaven truly touching earth. I feel like whilst in the prayer room this week people have had fresh revelations and ideas about how we can see his kingdom come (in Guildford in-particular but its relevant to anywhere). Whether that's through practical physical things we can do, or maybe it was just a word over Guildford (/wherever you are) or to someone in particular that by speaking out and speaking it over our town and people, we will start breaking away this glass that's separating what we see and what God has promised, it will start breaking away that barrier that's causing people to believe that nothing is happening or that there is no God and by speaking out and getting our hands dirty, maybe even getting a few cuts from the glass, more people will see God and come to know our all loving Father that's so desperate for his children to know Him. There's only that thin illusion that's stopping heaven come down, I believe that through things God revealed to people in the prayer room this week, we are going to start to see those beautiful and powerful fire balls resting upon the earth, heaven kissing earth. And we will stand in awe, and people won't be able to help but fall in love with our Heavenly Father. He is here, He is so close, let's start chiselling away at the man made barrier and reveal this incredible display of Gods power and glory. 

I encourage you to speak out whatever has been spoken to you this past week, or month, or year. Even if it seems a bit bizarre like this dream did to begin with. It could be the start of something beautiful! 

How flipping awesome is that?! Cheers God! 

So there we go, speak out, shout it out over your city, over the people, He is here, He is SO desperate to be seen and we are so so close! It's just a matter of breaking down and shattering this 'man made illusion' and revealing all that God is doing and is going to do here on earth.

Get excited!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment