I don't know about you, but when I dream, I dream. Theres none of this "I think I dreamt but I don't remember it" or "Something happened and you were there but it wasn't actually you but I'm not really sure" business, I properly dream; I remember everything down to its finest detail, the colours, the smells, the sounds, exact sentences someone says... everything! Now surely that's not by coincidence? Right? Surely someones trying to tell me something here.
When I was a little girl I used to wake up in the morning, after having had one of these amazingly long and vivid dreams, and know that it was God, and know what He was saying. And they have all been relevant, not one of them was wasted. Some I remember to this day, and they helped me through some pretty tough times. I mean, God spoke to ME whilst I was asleep.. Pretty cool huh?! As I grew up they became more and more fragmented, or scarier, or I just laughed them off the next morning as something bizarre and I'd forget all about them. They didn't matter anymore because I denied God. I believed in him and I loved him but I in no way thought that He would want to talk to me. I brushed off the past dreams and told myself I was being naive to think that they were truly from God. Why would He want to talk to a sinner like me anyway? But it wasn't me telling myself those things, little did I know, that was the scheming voice of the enemy. But God doesn't back down, He doesn't give up, He doesn't throw in the towel and call you a lost cause. So my dreams kept coming, every single night I was dreaming but they weren't all there, there was an interference. Either that or they were just terrifying. Satan was trying to intervene in the most powerful way that God was trying to talk to me, and I was letting him.
But you'll be happy to hear that it doesn't end there.
The summer just passed I spent in Dallas, Texas, with my absolutely gorgeous friend Miranda.
Here I met some incredible men and woman of God that helped me cast out the demons that were taking over my sleep, and get back on track with God.
I talked to a lot of people about my dreams and it almost wasn't until then that I realised something wasn't right. I kinda just thought God didn't have anything to say at the moment (ha!). How wrong could I be?! God OBVIOUSLY put these people and the conversations I had with them in my path. The first person I spoke to about my dreams told me that the dream I just so HAPPENED to mention to him was actually really relevant to his life and he'd been praying for that answer for a while... Whaaaat?! So God does have something to say to me after all, huh!
So I went away from this and spent some time in the presence of God. I cast out all thoughts and actions of the enemy in Jesus name and forbid him from entering my mind. I knew then that anything I dreamt when I slept would be from God. This is when you're expecting me to say that my dreams that week were incredible, right? Wrong. I didn't dream a single thing for an entire week, but I slept so peacefully. I needed that time to just rest in His presence and clear my mind. Then the fun started! And it hasn't stopped. (Plus I haven't had a single nightmare since!) But that's a whole other blog post for another time!
I just want to encourage you today; Don't deny God because you think you're not worthy. It's a LIE thats being whispered into your ear by the enemy, and if you listen to it you could miss out on what God's trying to say. No two people are the same, so work out how God personally speaks to you and tune in to it because its so SO good. It's not always easy to understand but don't brush it off because you don't get it right away. I'm still telling myself this stuff as well as you because it's not the kind of thing you become an expert in overnight.
I'm so excited to hear what He has to say next. And I'm sure He is equally as excited to speak to you, so sit down, shut up, and tune in, cause He's waiting, and He can't wait to take you in his arms and impart such goodness into your life. Get excited! The spirit of the living God is here!




No comments:
Post a Comment